1. Terms of Payment
- Customers shall make payment for the e-catering services at the time of booking of meal by entering the details of their debit/credit card/net banking/e-wallet on on-line booking form, provided that such debit/credit card/net banking/e-wallet is listed as acceptable by IRCTC on the booking form instructions.
- Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, the Customer shall not be entitled to any discount.
2. Cancellation/Revision Policy
- Prior to 02 hours of delivery, booking of meal can be cancelled. In cases where vendor has opted delivery time, less than 02 hrs, orders can be cancelled within 05 minutes from time of booking.
- No revision/cancellation is permitted within 02 hours of scheduled arrival time of the train at the selected station.
- Cancellation is not allowed at the time of delivery of pre-ordered meal.
- Any amendment is subject to cancellation of previous booking.
- Revision in booking of e-catering service may be allowed subject to condition that customer cancels the previous booking of meal.
3. Refund Policy
- If amount gets debited from customer account and orders are not being confirmed due to technical reasons IRCTC will refund the entire amount (as credit to the relevant credit /debit card account used for the transaction).
- IRCTC's payment reconciliation team works on a 24 x 7 basis, IRCTC offers no guarantees whatsoever for the accuracy or timeliness of the refunds reaching the Customers bank accounts. This is on account of the multiplicity of organizations involved in processing of online transactions, the problems with Internet infrastructure currently available and working days/holidays of financial institutions.
- In case train is cancelled by the Railways due to accidents, breaches or floods, Bandh or Rail Roko agitation etc- full refund of the entire amount will be granted provided the customer cancels the order. On line cancellation of such cases can be done up to 72 hrs after the scheduled delivery time. However, there shall be no auto refund, the passenger shall have to make claim for refund in such cases.
- In case a train is running late, and reaches the meal delivery station beyond the service time; i.e. after 2200 hrs; the delivery of meal is not guaranteed by IRCTC. In such case, if food is not delivered to passenger, full refund shall be made.
- In the event of vendor of IRCTC failing to make the delivery for any reason whatsoever, customer has to make a claim of refund either by giving feedback or by calling customer care within 05 days of the scheduled delivery day, failing which order would be deemed to be delivered and no claim for refund would be entertained thereafter.
- It is clarified that, by placing an order(s) through e-catering services, a customer unconditionally and fully accepts all above terms and conditions of e-catering services.
4. Limitation of Liability
- IRCTC shall under no circumstances be liable for any indirect, special or consequential loss including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of contract, loss of revenue or loss of business, howsoever arising whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or statuary duty or otherwise.
- The aggregate liability of IRCTC, whether in contract, tort of including negligence or breach of statuary duty or otherwise to the customer for any loss or damage whether asserted by the Customer or third parties, of whatsoever nature and howsoever caused shall be limited to and in no circumstances shall exceed the Charges paid by the Customer for the e-catering service.
- IRCTC shall under no circumstances be liable for any Customer failing to be present at the seat/berth during the period of the train being stationary at the selected station. Neither IRCTC nor any service provider with whom IRCTC has entered into an agreement for the provision of e-catering services has any obligation to inform train delays.
- IRCTC shall under no circumstances be liable for any customer failing to provide OTP for the delivery of pre-ordered meal.
- IRCTC shall under no circumstances be liable or responsible for the choice made by the customer for the particular meal item and it shall be solely at his own risk.
- All information, recommendations and advice given by or on behalf of IRCTC to the Customer regarding train details are given without liability on the part of IRCTC.
- The Customer shall fully indemnify and compensate IRCTC, its employees,sub-contractors and agents in respect of all actions, suits, claims, demands, costs, charges or expenses arising whether asserted by the Customer or third party out of or in connection with the provision of the e-catering service which are caused directly or indirectly thorough the act or omission, wilful misconduct or negligence of the Customer.
For any further queries please contact us by calling our 24-hour Customer care at 1323.
It is clarified that, by placing an order(s) through e-catering services, a customer unconditionally and fully accepts all above terms and conditions of e-catering services.